In 1955 Guelph was a growing city - especially to the northeast of downtown. Knox Presbyterian Church had a vision of reaching out to this new community with a new church. Thus the idea of Westminster Presbyterian Church was born. Over the next four years the dream became a reality with this impressive building holding its first service in 1959. During the development stage it was decided that St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, located on Short Street in The Ward, would amalgamate with the new church community and the name then became Westminster-St. Paul's. The land on Victoria Road, then a gravel street on the edge of town, was donated by Norman McMillan. Please continue reading by clicking on the images below to find out more about the individuals and other church communities that supported the new endeavour, the ministers who have guided the congregation for over 60 years and the amazing community spirit that has been Westminster-St. Paul's.
Our Statement of Purpose
To be devoted to God the Father, through His Son, Jesus Christ, as the Holy Spirit leads us.
Click on the pictures below.
The purpose of this website
It provides a way for congregants to visit the church which was such an important part of their lives.
It provides a way for the general public to understand the meaning of a worship community.